Rein In Your Brain

Posted by Patrick
Rein In Your Brain

For each and every one of us there is a story that has a greater influence on us than any other. There are a few important things to know about this story. This story will dictate the level of success and happiness in your life. It is the greatest determining factor in the amount of money you make, the quality of your relationships and, ultimately, the belief you have in yourself.

This story is the one you tell yourself, every day, about yourself.   Most people have never taken the time to observe or choose the thoughts they have about themselves even though these thoughts are completely under their control.

Do you believe you are destined for greatness?
Do you believe you are going to be wealthy?
Do you believe you are a great listener?

If you were to sit on the sidelines of your mind and observe your thoughts on a daily basis, what would you come up with? Would your self talk be encouraging in every situation? Would your constant daily thoughts be supportive of achieving your greatest goals?

If you could get inside the head of a real winner you would find a sea of positive thoughts. A place that allowed no space for negative thoughts, or at least, if they did, they were quickly dismissed. We truly do become what we think about. The real question is: have you ever really taken the time to think about what you think about? Every day, in the big things and the little things?

Observing your thoughts and the emotions tied to them is critical to your success. Understanding what story you are telling yourself will offer incredible insight as to why you succeed and why you fail.

The great Emmet Fox said:

You cannot be healthy; you cannot be happy; you cannot be
prosperous; if you have a bad disposition. If you are sulky, or surly, or
cynical, or depressed, or superior, or frightened half out of your wits,
your life cannot possibly be worth living. Unless you are determined
to cultivate a good disposition, you may as well give up all hope of
getting anything worthwhile out of life, and it is kinder to tell you very
plainly that this is the case.
If you are not determined to start in now and carefully select all day
the kind of thoughts that you are going to think, you may as well give
up all hope of shaping your life into the kind of thing that you want it
to be, because this is the only way.

Attached is the PDF of the entire article entitled – The Seven Day Mental Diet.  I would highly recommend reading it in it’s entiretyThe Seven-day Mental Diet ebook.  It is classic material on the very basic concept that your thoughts shape all the realities of your life.  It is as powerful (if not as well known) as As a Man Thinketh or The Strangest Secret.

Take time this week to observe your thoughts, take brief note of the ones that may be leading you in the wrong direction and make a concerted effort to replace them.  Your success depends on it.

3 Responses to Rein In Your Brain

1. rjuko@yahoo.com says:

Thank you for the post. It is right on time.. Not all my thoughts this week have been positive.. due to a little incident that happened during the week.. I did find a great affirmation though that I wrote down for myself – “I am getting better at identifying my negative thoughts and confidently dismissing them.”!!
    I like the idea of replacing them! Great post! Thanks again. Rosalind

2. Guy Hardin says:

Patrick, I can not help but notice how closely the concepts you are teaching us mirror principles taught in the Bible.
    In Philippians 4:4-13 it says:

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
    Thanks for Their Gifts
    10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

It has been my biggest goal my entire life to have something I was absolutely willing to die for. Something that could bring me to, or at least help me find peace of mind in any situation, to be able to turn any bad situation into good. To not just ignore the negative things in life, because there is pain and suffering everywhere, but find a way to transform the negative energy into a positive outlook and help to bring hope to those that suffer.

Thank you again for taking your life works and putting them into Bridging The Gap. I know you have provided me the vehicle that will help to unlock all the gifts God has created in me to benefit and glorify his Kingdom.

Although I am struggling with some of the application I know that what awaits on the other side of my frustration is both within my control, and beyond my imagination!

Thank you for the Keys!!

Guy

3. Myla Everett says:

I so related to what Guy said. That “book” is probably as profound as it is short! I remember a “computer” saying: garbage in – garbage out! Negative thoughts in – negative results out!